Time Doctor, Clockify, Timely, Paymo and Harvest – these are just some of the time tracking apps that are used to keep track of the tasks and hours employees spend on work. Most of these apps can be integrated with work emails, calendars and documents which makes it easier for teams to be updated on what each member is working on. These apps help business owners save time and increase productivity because they have visibility.
To simply define what these tools are for, time tracking apps are software tools that help in monitoring the time spent on tasks, projects, or activities. Before integrating a time tracking tool to your outsourcing workflow, consider their advantages and disadvantages, which are:
- Increased productivity: Time tracking apps help keep employees accountable for their time, leading to increased productivity levels.
- Accurate billing: For freelancers or companies who bill by the hour, time tracking apps provide accurate billing for clients or customers.
- Improved project management: Time tracking apps can help identify bottlenecks or inefficiencies in the project and allocate resources more effectively.
- Real-time monitoring: Managers or employers can monitor the progress of their remote workers in real-time, allowing for quick interventions or adjustments as needed.
- Insights and analytics: Time tracking apps provide valuable insights and analytics on employee performance, time usage, and productivity.
- Micromanagement: Some employees may feel that using time tracking apps is intrusive and can lead to micromanagement.
- Resistance from employees: Employees may resist using time tracking apps, leading to reluctance or decreased productivity levels.
- Cost: Some time tracking apps can be expensive, adding to the cost of outsourcing.
- Time-consuming: Time tracking apps can be time-consuming to set up and manage, especially for smaller businesses or freelancers.
- Technical issues: Technical issues such as bugs or system failures can disrupt the time tracking process, leading to inaccuracies and frustration.
In a nutshell, the pros and cons of using time tracking apps when outsourcing depend on the specific needs and circumstances of the business. It is important to weigh the pros and cons and choose the right time tracking tool that fits the company’s requirements.